Our RTITB Forklift Counterbalance Training – Conversion Course is for current certified fork truck operators wishing to convert their Fork Lift Truck driving qualification and skills to include a counterbalance truck.
This Fork Lift Truck Operator Course – Counterbalance Conversion training, will include theory assessment followed by practical operator training and assessment which will comply with the standard laid down in accordance with the HSE code of practice L117.
Documentary evidence of existing certification must be produced as a prerequisite to attending this course.This course enables the successful trained operator to convert their existing forklift qualification to include the use any counterbalance forklift up to a 5000 kg lifting capacity (with authorisation) anywhere in the UK.
The Counterbalance Forklift is the most common of fork lift’s in use today and are the workhorse of most materials handling operations.
- Course Duration: 1 – 2 Day, usually 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Open Course Price: £305.00 + vat per person (£366.00 inc. vat)
- In-House Training Course Price: Call 0333 666 0555 for a competitive quotation
- Maximum Instructor/Delegate Ratio: 1:3
- Delivery Method: Classroom & Practical Training and Assessment
- Prerequisite: None
- Awarding Body: RTITB
- Assessment: Multiple Choice & Written Paper and Practical Skills Assessment
- Certification: Each successful delegate will receive a RTITB Certificate of Training with Photo ID Card and registration on the NORS database (valid for 3 years)
Who Should Attend This Course
The RTITB Forklift Training – Counterbalance Conversion is aimed at currently certified operators wishing to convert their existing Fork Lift Truck driving qualification and skills to include a counterbalance truck.
What Will You Get From Course
Successful delegates will gain a better understanding of current relevant legislation, best practice and refresh their skills and ability in the safe use of Counter Balance Fork Trucks up to 5000kg capacity in line with current approved methods and manufacturer’s instructions. The course agenda includes:
- Introduction to the lift truck to be used
- Pre-use inspection and take over maintenance
- Controls and instruments
- Weight assessment
- Starting, moving and stopping the truck
- Handling laden and unladen pallets
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Stacking/de-stacking – free standing and in racking
- Safety code testing
- Practical test of basic operating skills
- Written test of operating knowledge
Other RTITB Forklift Training Courses
Kentec offer a full range of RTITB Forklift Courses, many are available via our Open Programme throughout the year with various dates to choose from. For details of our other RTITB Forklift Courses click here
RTITB Forklift Training – Counterbalance – Conversion – Open Course Schedule
To reserve a place on our open course schedule for RTITB Forklift Training – Counterbalance – Conversion follow the links below for your preferred course date, or to speak to one of our training consultants please contact us on:
- Mobile Friendly Line: 0333 666 0555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org