Our RTITB Forklift Counterbalance – Experienced Operator is for existing operators with some previous experience of using a counterbalance forklift truck but have not had the benefit of adequate, formal RTITB Forklift Training in basic operating skills.
The RTITB Counterbalance Experienced Forklift Training Course course will include theory instruction and assessment followed by practical operator training and assessment which will comply with the standard laid down in accordance with the HSE code of practice L117.
This course enables the successful trained operator to use any counterbalance forklift up to a 5000 kg lifting capacity (with authorisation) anywhere in the UK. The Counterbalance Forklift is the most common of fork lift’s in use today and are the workhorse of most materials handling operations.
Course Content and Summary
- Course Duration: 2 – 3 Days, usually 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Open Course Price: £545.00 + vat per person (£654.00 inc. vat)
- In-House Training Course Price: Call 0333 666 0555 for a competitive quotation
- Maximum Instructor/Delegate Ratio: 1:3
- Delivery Method: Classroom & Practical Training and Assessment
- Prerequisite: None
- Awarding Body: RTITB
- Assessment: Multiple Choice & Written Paper and Practical Skills Assessment
- Certification: Each successful delegate will receive a RTITB Certificate of Training with Photo ID Card and registration on the NORS database (valid for 3 years)
Who Should Attend the Course
It is anticipated that trainees attending the RTITB Counterbalance Forklift Training Course – Experienced operator will have some previous experience (possibly self taught) and will be familiar with the steering and operating characteristics of a counterbalance fork truck but will not have had the benefit of adequate, formal training in basic operating skills. However, they wish to gain a formal, nationally recognised qualification in the safe use of Counterbalance Forklift Trucks.
What Will You Get From The Course
Successful delegates will gain a better understanding of current relevant legislation, best practice and refresh their skills and ability in the safe use of Counter Balance Fork Trucks up to 5000kg capacity in line with current approved methods and manufacturer’s instructions. The course agenda includes:
- Introduction to the lift truck to be used
- Pre-use inspection and take over maintenance
- Controls and instruments
- Weight assessment
- Starting, moving and stopping the truck
- Handling laden and unladen pallets
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Stacking/de-stacking – free standing and in racking
- Safety code testing
- Practical test of basic operating skills
- Written test of operating knowledge
Other RTITB Forklift Training Courses
Kentec offer a full range of RTITB Forklift Courses, many are available via our Open Programme throughout the year with various dates to choose from. For details of our other RTITB Forklift Courses click here
Open Course Schedule
To reserve a place on our open course schedule for RTITB Forklift Training Course Counterbalance – Experienced follow the links below for your preferred course date, or to speak to one of our training consultants please contact us on:
- Mobile Friendly Line: 0333 666 0555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location||Dates||Time||Price exc. VAT||Status|
|Kent Training Centre - TN9 1SS||8:30AM – 4:30PM||£545.00||
Kent Training Centre - TN9 1SS
8:30AM – 4:30PM
£545.00 exc. VAT
Register Now » 3 Places Available!
|Register Now » 3 Places Available!|