The IOSH Managing Safely Course is a step by step programme of practical and engaging guidance with a sharp business focus, unlike any other health and safety course. Many health and safety courses have been described as being ‘death by powerpoint’ and IOSH have addressed this issue through the integration of a wide range of training tools to inspire and engage delegates.
The course takes place over four days to develop each delegate’s understanding of legal, moral and social duties of sector supervisors, managers, directors and business owners. This course provides guidance on how to control their workforce in accordance with current health & safety regulations and best practice.
You’ll find a practical programme which is full of step-by-step guidance. But you’ll also find that the highly innovative format and content engages and inspires candidates – critical to getting essential health and safety messages across.
- Course Duration: 4 Days, usually 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Open Course Price: £470.00 + vat per person (£564.00 inc. vat)
- In-House Training Course Price: Call 0333 666 0555 for a competitive quotation
- Maximum Instructor/Delegate Ratio: 1:12
- Delivery Method: Classroom
- Prerequisite: None
- Awarding Body: IOSH
- Assessment: Written Test Paper and Risk Assessment Project
- Certification: Each successful delegate will receive an IOSH Managing Safely Certificate of Training
Who Should Attend The IOSH Managing Safely Course
Managing safely is for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation. It’s designed to get managers up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle health and safety in their teams.
What Will You Get From The Course
The IOSH Managing Safely Course will provide delegates with the information they need to know about managing a workplace safely and tackle the health and safety issues they may be responsible for.
It’s designed to get them up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle health and safety in their teams and meet their statutory duties. Most importantly, it reinforces just why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
Employers can be reassured that IOSH Managing Safely will provide their employees with a nationally recognised and sought after training course that is designed and quality controlled by the Chartered body for health and safety. The flexibility of the course also allows for it to fit around your employee’s workload, ensuring that the training is both time and cost effective for your organisation.
Additionally, the course covers two key areas; health and safety and environmental basics, ensuring that the training received is as cost effective for your organisation as possible. Delegates will receive a workbook that can be taken away with them for future reference and our highly qualified IOSH instructors act as a first point of contact for any further questions that may arise after the course and independent project have taken place.
Since the IOSH Managing Safely Course requires that delegates read and thoroughly understand course notes and instructions, literacy and language comprehension are an important requirement. If delegates have any problems with literacy or language comprehension, they must bring them to the attention of their employer.
- Introducing IOSH Managing Safely: Some managers may see health and safety as an add-on to their role – even an intrusion. The first module makes it clear that managers are accountable for their teams, and makes a persuasive case for managing safely.
- Assessing Risks: This module defines and demystifies ‘risk’ and ‘risk assessment’. Risk assessments and a simple scoring system are introduced, and delegates carry out a series of assessments.
- Controlling Risks: Here the session tackles cutting risks down, concentrating on the best techniques to control key risks, and how to choose the right method.
- Understanding Your Responsibilities: This module looks at the demands of the law and how the legal system works, and introduces a health and safety management system.
- Identifying Hazards: All the main issues any operation has to deal with are covered in this module – entrances and exits, work traffic, fire, chemicals, electricity, physical and verbal abuse, bullying, stress, noise, housekeeping and the working environment, slips, trips and falls, working at height, computers and manual handling.
- Investigating Accidents and Incidents: The session starts with why accidents should be investigated, and goes on to cover why things go wrong, and how to carry out an investigation when they do.
- Measuring Performance: This module explains how checking performance can help to improve health and safety. Delegates learn how to develop basic performance indicators, and get to grips with auditing and proactive and reactive measuring.
- Protecting Our Environment: A short but effective introduction to waste and pollution leads into a look at how organisations and individual managers can get involved in cutting down environmental impacts.
IOSH Managing Safely Course – Open Course Schedule
To reserve a place on our open course schedule for the IOSH Managing Safely course follow the links below for your preferred course date, or to speak to one of our training consultants please contact us on:
|Location||Dates||Time||Price exc. VAT||Status|
|Kent Training Centre - TN9 1SS||8:30AM – 4:30PM||£470.00||
Kent Training Centre - TN9 1SS
8:30AM – 4:30PM
£470.00 exc. VAT
Register Now » 4 Places Available!
|Register Now » 4 Places Available!|
|Kent Training Centre - TN9 1SS||8:30AM – 4:00PM||£470.00||
Kent Training Centre - TN9 1SS
8:30AM – 4:00PM
£470.00 exc. VAT
Register Now » 12 Places Available!
|Register Now » 12 Places Available!|