IOSH Managing Safely Course
The IOSH Managing Safely Course delivers a minimum of 24 hours of face to face instruction over 4 days to develop each candidate’s understanding of legal, moral and social duties of sector supervisors, managers or directors.
This course provides guidance on how to control their workforce in accordance with current health & safety regulations and best practice.
You’ll find a practical programme, full of step-by-step guidance, and with a sharp business focus. But you’ll also find that the highly innovative format and content engages and inspires candidates – critical to getting essential health and safety messages across.
About This Course
Price: £525.00 + vat per person (£630.00 inc vat).
Delivery Method: Classroom
Duration: 4 Days, usually 9:00am to 4:00pm everyday
Note: No PPE Required
What will they get out of it?
What they need to know – and are perhaps reluctant to learn about – in a refreshingly informal way.
Managing safely won’t turn delegates into safety experts – but it will give them the knowledge and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they’re responsible for. Importantly, it brings home just why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
- Introducing Managing Safely: Some managers may see health and safety as an add-on to their role – even an intrusion. The first module makes it clear that managers are accountable for their teams, and makes a persuasive case for managing safely.
- Assessing Risks: This module defines and demystifies ‘risk’ and ‘risk assessment’. Risk assessments and a simple scoring system are introduced, and delegates carry out a series of assessments.
- Controlling Risks: Here the session tackles cutting risks down, concentrating on the best techniques to control key risks, and how to choose the right method.
- Understanding Your Responsibilities: This module looks at the demands of the law and how the legal system works, and introduces a health and safety management system.
- Identifying Hazards: All the main issues any operation has to deal with are covered in this module – entrances and exits, work traffic, fire, chemicals, electricity, physical and verbal abuse, bullying, stress, noise, housekeeping and the working environment, slips, trips and falls, working at height, computers and manual handling.
- Investigating Accidents and Incidents: The session starts with why accidents should be investigated, and goes on to cover why things go wrong, and how to carry out an investigation when they do.
- Measuring Performance: This module explains how checking performance can help to improve health and safety. Delegates learn how to develop basic performance indicators, and get to grips with auditing and proactive and reactive measuring.
- Protecting Our Environment: A short but effective introduction to waste and pollution leads into a look at how organisations and individual managers can get involved in cutting down environmental impacts.
Each delegate is assessed by a short theory assessment paper and post-course practical assignment. An IOSH Managing Safely Certificate is awarded for successful completion of both elements.
The IOSH Managing Safely training course usually runs over four days. The course starts at 9.00am and finishes at around 4.00pm on each day with mid morning, mid day and mid afternoon breaks, depending on class size and interaction.
Alternatively, we offer this course over four single days over consecutive weeks.
We will endeavour to accommodate your needs wherever possible. The IOSH Managing Safely certificate does not have an expiry date however IOSH recommend that candidates undergo a refresher course every five years.
• IOSH Course Registration and Certification Fee
• IOSH Managing Safely Workbook
• Note Book and Pen
Open Public Course held at one of our Training Centres also include the following:
Am I Ready?
The IOSH Managing Safely Course is for supervisors, managers, directors and business owners in any sector and any organisation. It’s designed to get them up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle health and safety in their teams.
Since the IOSH Managing Safely Course requires that delegates read and thoroughly understand course notes and instructions, literacy and language comprehension are an important requirement.
If candidates have any problems with literacy or language comprehension, they must bring them to the attention of their employer.
Why Kentec Training?
Kentec Training ensure that this course is only delivered by instructors who are experienced and passionate about health and safety and can communicate the subject matter to a varied client base. Please read are testimonials from delegates who have attended recent IOSH courses at Kentec.