The IPAF MEWPs for Managers Course delivers a minimum of 6 hours of classroom based instruction. The course aims to instruct a supervisor/manager on what is required to prepare for and safely co-ordinate various types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) within their control.
This IPAF MEWPs course is suitable for all supervisors or managers in your company or organisation that control the work of others in the use of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWPs) including scissor lifts, self-propelled boom lifts, vehicle mounted booms, trailer mounted booms lifts and aerial work platforms.information on this course. Download information on this course: IPAF MEWPs for Managers Information.
Course Content and Price
- Course Duration: 1 Day, usually 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Open Course Price: £185.00 + vat per person (£222.00 inc. vat)
- In-House Training Course Price: Call 0333 666 0555 for a competitive quotation
- Maximum Class Size: 8 delegates per IPAF Instructor
- Delivery Method: Classroom Training and Assessment
- Prerequisite: None
- Awarding Body: IPAF
- Assessment: Multiple Choice Paper and Practical Skills Assessment
- Certification: Each successful delegate will receive an IPAF Certificate of Training (valid for 5 years)
Who Should Attend This Course
This course is aimed at supervisors and managers who are or will be responsible for overseeing the use of MEWPs in the work place. There are no prerequisite required for this course although a working knowledge of MEWPs is an advantage.
What Will You Get From This Course
Successful delegates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation and best practice on a range of MEWPs and be able to carry out a pre-use inspection and most importantly use them safely, in line with current approved methods and manufacturer’s instructions.
At the end of the course the candidate will:
- Be aware of current legislation, regulation, best practice and standards.
- Be aware of different types and classifications of MEWPs.
- Be aware of the importance of correct machine selection.
- Be able to select the correct PPE for the operator.
- Have a greater knowledge and awareness of the safe use and operation of MEWPs.
- Be able to identify misuse and abuse of MEWPs.
- Be aware of planning and maintenance considerations.
The IPAF Training Course content Includes:
- Health & Safety legislation & regulations.
- Limitations and use of mobile elevating work platforms.
- Identifying controls, safety devices and warning alarms.
- Daily and routine inspection and servicing requirements.
- Setting up in preparation for work.
- Ground and site conditions.
- Safe operating techniques.
- Emergency lowering procedures.
- Manufactures Instruction Manuals.
- The use of Harnesses and Restraint Lanyards to prevent ejection.
- Multi choice test paper
IPAF MEWPs for Managers Course – Open Course Schedule
To reserve a place on our open course schedule for the IPAF MEWPs for Managers Course follow the links below for your preferred course date, or to speak to one of our training consultants please contact us on:
- Landline: 01732 357777
- Mobile Friendly Line: 0333 666 0555
- Email: email@example.com
|Location||Dates||Time||Price exc. VAT||Status|
|Kent Training Centre - TN9 1SS||18 Oct 2017||8:30AM – 4:30PM||£185.00||
Kent Training Centre - TN9 1SS
18 Oct 2017
8:30AM – 4:30PM
£185.00 exc. VAT
Register Now » 3 Places Available!
|Register Now » 3 Places Available!|