Our IPAF Harness Awareness (HA) and Harness User (HU) course delivers a minimum of 4 hours of instruction in a half-day classroom course, and is designed to instruct up to a maximum ratio of 10 delegates per instructor.
The Harness Awareness (HA) theory module provides delegates with the essential knowledge to select, monitor, manage, and plan the correct use of Harnesses and Lanyards for use in a MEWP (Mobile Elevated Work Platform). The Harness User (HU) practical module evaluates the delegate’s practical application of the knowledge gained in the IPAF Harness Awareness (HA) theory module.
Upon successfully completing this course, delegates will:
- Have an awareness of how to correctly identify and select the appropriate form of personal protection against falls from MEWPs.
- Have a theoretical awareness only of how to check, use, maintain, and store a harness and lanyard with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Have a theoretical awareness of how harnesses and lanyards should be fitted and adjusted
- Be able to demonstrate competence in the correct pre-use check of a harness and lanyard.
- Be able to demonstrate competence in how to correctly fit and adjust a harness and lanyard for use in a MEWP.
- Be able to demonstrate the correct anchor point to attach the lanyard to in a MEWP and adjust the lanyard to be effective.
This course is a prerequisite for the IPAF Harness Inspection (HI) Course.
This course consists of an instructor-led training room presentation, written assessment, practical training and assessment.