Changes to the CITB certification expiry grace period
Posted: 3rd December 2015
SMSTS Refresher Course News
The two-day SMSTS Refresher Course (Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher) course is for delegates who have previously passed the five-day SMSTS. It aims to ensure that health & safety knowledge is up-to-date, giving an overview of the legislative changes and how they impact the work site.
Please be aware that as of 31 December 2015, CSkills Awards scheme rules have changed and you will not be given the 6 month grace period from date of expiry of your original SMSTS course to renew your certificate. You MUST complete the refresher BEFORE your certificate expires should the expiry date be 1st January 2016 onward.
- Course Duration: 2 Days, usually 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Open Course Offer Price: £295.00 + vat per person (£354.00 inc. vat)
- In-House Training Course Price: Call 0333 666 0555 for a competitive quotation
- Maximum Instructor/Delegate Ratio: 1:16
- Delivery Method: Classroom
- Prerequisite: You must currently hold a valid Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificate, which has been gained within the last five years
- Awarding Body: CITB Construction Skills
- Assessment: Delegates will undergo continuous assessment via individual and group exercises, plus a multiple-choice test.
- Certification: Each successful delegate will receive a CITB Construction Skills Certificate
Who Should Attend The SMSTS Refresher Course
This course is intended for project managers, site managers and supervisors as well as proprietors of small to medium sized companies. Client-based personnel would also benefit from attending the course. Possession of this qualification is listed in the Approved Code of Practice for the Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations as a demonstration of competence in the role of site manager.
What Will You Get From The SMSTS Refresher Course
The SMSTS Refresher Course (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) covers:
- The current focus of the HSE’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- CDM Regulations 2007
- Construction Health, Safety and Welfare (CDM part 2)
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences (RIDDOR)
- Behavioural safety
- Occupational health
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction
SMSTS Refresher Course News - It also includes recent changes in accepted working practices. Price includes the construction skills publication Construction Site Safety – Health, Safety and Environmental Information Manual (GE700), registration, certification and exam fees.