BAF Instructor Accreditation
Posted: 27th January 2016
We are very pleased to confirm that two of our Abrasive Wheel instructors; Steve Booker and Chris Crabtree, have again successfully completed their BAF Instructor Accreditation review and can continue to offer BAF (British Abrasive Federation) accredited Abrasive Wheel Training.
British Abrasive Federation (BAF) recognise that even the safest product in the world may cause injury or death if used incorrectly. There are many ways of mis-using abrasive wheels, therefore, not only is it a legal requirement under the PUWER 98 regulation that specifiers, buyers and operators using abrasives are trained in their safe use, it is, essential that this training is carried out to the highest possible standard.
In 2009, BAF introduced the “BAF Operator Training Course Accreditation Scheme”, and all trainers wanting to be accredited by the BAF must meet this high standard. Regular audits and skills testing ensure that each instructor continues to facilitate training effectively.
The aim of the BAF Abrasive Wheels Principles course is to enable delegates to work safely, to provide an understanding of current legislation and promote awareness of the dangers and hazards of abrasive wheels, and to offer practical steps to reduce workplace accidents and encourage workers to adopt a culture that results in a safer workplace. This course is run twice a month and is available at our Kent training centre.
What Will You Get From A BAF Abrasive Wheels Course:
The British Abrasive Federation (BAF) accredited course offers each delegate who successfully completes it an understanding of abrasive wheel safety and includes:
- An overview of health and safety legislation inc HSWA 74, PUWER 98, MHSWR 99, PPER 02
- The hazards, risks and risk control measures including contact, wheel burst, noise, respiratory and HAVS hazards
- The recommended personal protective equipment (PPE)
- The types of portable abrasive wheel machines and their safe use.
- Resin bonded abrasive wheel selection, identification and inspection – Types 27, 41 & 42
- The correct use, setting, adjustment and inspection of flanges, guards and accessories
- Correct pre-use machine safety checks
- How to mount of abrasive wheels on angle grinders, chop saws and disc cutters
To book your course online click here or call our dedicated sales team on 0333 666 0555.