This course is aimed at personnel who are or will be appointed as an emergency first aider in a low risk environment and need to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations.
Please note that learners will be expected to take part in exercises such CPR and AED use, so please ensure delegates are in good health and do not have anything that may preclude them from taking part in the practical assessment.Delegate must be at least 16 years old to attend this course and it is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in Literacy or Numeracy, or equivalent due to the multiple choice examination at the end of the course.
Delegates are able to attend this course and progress to the three day First Aid at Work course
Delegates will gain an understanding of the practical administration of safe, prompt and effective first aid in emergency situations with an understanding of the role of first aider in line with current legislation and recommendations from the Resuscitation Council (UK).
Throughout the duration of the course, delegates will be assessed when carrying out a number of practical exercises. At the end of the course delegates will take a multiple choice test.
Successful delegates will receive a certificate and ID cards which will be valid for a period of 3 years from the date of the course.
The agenda for the Emergency First Aid Course includes:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Identify the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Identify how to minimise the rise of infection to self and others
- Identify the need for consent to provide first aid
- Be able to assess an incident
- Conduct a scene survey
- Conduct a primary survey of a casualty
- Summon appropriate assistance when necessary
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty
- Identify when to administer Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Demonstrate CPR using a manikin
- Justify when to place a casualty into the recovery position
- Demonstrate how to place a casualty into the recovery position
- Identify how to administer first aid to a casualty who is experiencing a seizure
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Identify when choking is:
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Identify the severity of the external bleeding
- Demonstrate how to control external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Recognise a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Identify how to administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
- Identify how to administer first aid to a casualty with:
- Small cuts
- Small splints
- Identify how to administer first aid to a casualty with minor burns and scalds
"The instructor was excellent, very knowledgeable and passionate"
- Scott Dailey
"Great instructor on point great experience bought to the classroom. Good effort, good course!!"
- Ben Eke
"A very good course, a good balance of practical and theory, with legislation covered very clear and concise. Refreshments were better than expected. Great course, Instructor with good knowledge"
- Adam Blackman
"This is my third first aid course I have sat – the first with Kentec Training. It has been the best course I have ever attended"
- Nikki Adolph
"I was impressed and learned a lot from the instructor during this course. I really appreciate the way he addressed all questions and professionally answered all questions. Well done"
- Carl Gabel