The TETRA Leaning Ladder Safety System Course is aimed at delegates who are or will be responsible for the safe use of leaning ladders in the work place. This course is suitable for those who need to maintain three points of contact on a ladder while ascending/descending. This course is also aimed at personnel who use portable leaning ladders for short duration access, who have already been trained to use and inspect those ladders, but are currently operating without any means to prevent a fall. Knowledge and experience of safety harness use is an advantage.
Since the safe use of ladders and FPE requires that delegates consult safety notices and read and thoroughly understand the manufacturer’s instruction manual, English literacy and language comprehension are important requirements for any tower user. Please note that delegates will be expected to work at height whilst climbing ladder and using the TETRA Safety System, so please ensure delegates are in good health and do not have a fear of heights that may preclude them from taking part in the practical assessment.
All delegates attending mustalso have a TETRA Leaning Ladder Kit in order to take part in the practical assessment and are expected to have attended a prior training course and have experience in the use and pre-use inspection of ladders, such as a L.A Ladder & Step Ladder for Users Course, or another form of certified ladder training.
This is a requirement of TETRA.
Successful delegates will receive a Kentec Leaning Ladder Safety System e-certification accredited by TETRA, and valid for a period of 3 years from the date of the course. Delegates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation and be able to use the TETRA Safety System effectively on leaning ladders, in line with current approved methods and manufacturer’s instructions.
The agenda for the TETRA Leaning Ladder Safety System course includes:
- An appreciation of UK legislation including the Work at Height Regulations.
- Understanding the difference between fall arrest/work restraint and the importance of correct anchorage.
- Understanding the method for fitting, usage & user inspection of equipment specified for this course.
- Outline of the access procedures for portable leaning ladder usage.
- Completion of practical exercises, fitting equipment and securing the ladder.
- Conducting a practical ladder exercise at a height of approximately 6 metres (Guidance height only).
- Self Rescue Awareness
- Completion of a written assessment to confirm understanding of course content.
"Very good course, well presented. There was more information than expected"
- Mark Pearce
"Very relaxed environment felt at ease and made the course enjoyable"
- Louis Lake
"Enjoyable course. Would really recommend Kentec"
- Gary Martin
"James is a really good instructor, I learn a lot because he keeps it simple but also very informative"
- Alfie Martin
"Really Good informative day. Enjoyed it, trainer was really helpful"
- Ryan Wheeler