The IPAF Harness Course delivers a minimum of 4 hours instruction and provide delegates with the vital information and understanding on how to use full body safety harnesses and restraint lanyards when using a range of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWPS).
It also covers skills such as the selection and pre-inspection of the equipment. The IPAF (International Powered Access Federation) certification is internationally recognised qualification for use of such equipment.
The need for a fall protection system when using a MEWP will be the outcome of a job specific risk assessment undertaken prior to work commencing and taking into consideration the manufacturer’s operators’ manual. IPAF Recommend that the following be considered when using MEWPs:
Boom Type Platforms
When working from a boom type Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP), it is strongly recommended that a full body harness with an adjustable lanyard be used to provide work restraint. The lanyard should be adjusted to be as short as possible and may contain an energy absorbing device. This includes the use of machines in the following categories: Static Booms (1b) and Mobile Booms (3b).
It is not normally necessary for personnel working from a vertical lift to wear fall protection equipment, other than in exceptional circumstances. This includes the use of machines in the following categories: Static Verticals (1a), Mobile Verticals (3a), Push Around Verticals (PAV) and Mast Climbing Work Platforms (MCWP).
- Course Duration: Half Day, usually 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Open Course Price: £110.00 + vat per person (£132.00 inc. vat)
- In-House Training Course Price: Call 0333 666 0555 for a competitive quotation
- Maximum Class Size: 10 delegates per IPAF Instructor
- Delivery Method: Classroom based instruction
- Prerequisite: None
- Awarding Body: IPAF
- Assessment: Multiple Choice Paper and Practical Skills Assessment
- Certification: Each successful delegate will receive an IPAF Certificate of Training (valid for 5 years)
Who Should Attend This Course
This course is aimed at personnel who are or will be responsible for using MEWPs (Trailer Mounted Booms, Scissorlifts, Cherry Pickers etc) in the work place. There are no prerequisite required for this course although a working knowledge of MEWPs is an advantage.
What You’ll Get From the IPAF Harness Course
Successful delegates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation and best practice on a range of MEWPs and be able to carry out a pre-use inspection and most importantly use them safely, in line with current approved methods and manufacturer’s instructions. The course agenda includes:
- Legislation, standards, CE Markings and guidance
- Hierarchy of fall protection measures
- IPAF harness statement
- Harness, lanyard and fittings
- Pre-Use checks and correct usage (inc practical)
- Usage and anchor points
- Harness storage and maintenance
- Hazards and precautions
- Rescue requirements and options
- Theory test
IPAF Harness Course – Open Course Schedule
To reserve a place on our open course schedule for the IPAF Harness Course follow the links below for your preferred course date, or to speak to one of our training consultants please contact us on:
- Landline: 01732 357777
- Mobile Friendly Line: 0333 666 0555
- Email: email@example.com
|Location||Dates||Time||Price exc. VAT||Status|
|Kent Training Centre - TN9 1SS||29 Jun 2018||8:30AM – 12:30PM||£110.00||
Kent Training Centre - TN9 1SS
29 Jun 2018
8:30AM – 12:30PM
£110.00 exc. VAT
Register Now » 8 Places Available!
|Register Now » 8 Places Available!|