The IPAF Load Unload Course provides training for the safe loading and unloading of MEWPs on beavertail and slide bed transport vehicles. Loading and unloading should be carried out by trained and competent staff who are aware of the risks involved.
Drivers should also be aware of the additional risk of the load, or part of the load, it’s distribution, moving when the vehicle is being driven. This applies to all vehicles and to all types of load. The driver is ultimately responsible for the load carried on their vehicle, whether or not they were involved in the securing of the load.
- Course Duration: 1 Day, usually 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Open Course Price: £195.00 + vat per person (£234.00 inc. vat)
- In-House Training Course Price: Call 0333 666 0555 for a competitive quotation
- Maximum Class Size: 4 delegates per IPAF Instructor
- Delivery Method: Classroom & Practical Training and Assessment
- Prerequisite: None
- Awarding Body: IPAF
- Assessment: Multiple Choice Paper and Practical Skills Assessment
- Certification: Each successful delegate will receive an IPAF Certificate of Training (valid for 5 years)
Who Should Attend This Course
- Applicants should be at least 18 years old and physically fit.
- Applicants should hold a valid IPAF PAL card for the relevant categories of machines.
- It is desirable (but not mandatory) that applicants hold a current LGV licence or other suitable licence.
What Will You Get From The Course
By the end of the course, each delegate will:
- Be fully aware of hazards associated with transporting access and plant machinery.
- Be fully aware of their responsibility and associated legislation.
- Be fully aware of safe procedures for loading and unloading.
- Be able to carry out inspections and transport related risk assessments.
- Be able to correctly position the vehicle for the task in hand.
- Be able to safely and securely load and unload.
- Introduction: overview of course requirements.
- Selection of suitable vehicle for transportation of load.
- Method of loading and unloading.
- Position of load on vehicle.
- Marking of large loads.
- How to secure a load.
- Safety checks.
- Positioning the vehicle for unloading.
IPAF Load Unload Course – Open Course Schedule
To reserve a place on our open course schedule for the IPAF Load & Unload Course follow the links below for your preferred course date, or to speak to one of our training consultants please contact us on:
- Landline: 01732 357777
- Mobile Friendly Line: 0333 666 0555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org