Our IPAF Novice Operator Course – 3A/3B (2 Day) for Scissorlift and Cherry Picker training delivers a minimum of 11 hours of both theory and practical instruction and assessment for novice candidates on how to safely operate, select and carry out pre-use inspection on MEWP Categories 3A (Mobile Vertical – Scissorlift) and 3B (Mobile Boom – Cherry Picker) in the workplace.
The IPAF (International Powered Access Federation) certification is an internationally recognised qualification for use of such machinery. More than 90,000 operators are trained each year through a worldwide network of training centres. As an approved training centre, we are regularly audited by IPAF.
As an approved IPAF Training Centre, we are regularly audited by IPAF to ensure the high standards demanded by IPAF are maintained and that our instructors deliver each course effectively.
These courses are regularly audited by IPAF. Class sizes are kept small. Courses generally last one to two days depending on the number of categories being trained and the experience of the trainee and are a mixture of theory and practice, with a written and a practical test.
IPAF Operator Course – 3A/3B Summary
- Open Course Price: £295.00 + vat per person per day (£354.00 inc vat per day)
- On-Site Course Price: Call 0333-666-0555 for a quotation
- Instructor/Delegate Ratio: 1:4
- Delivery Method: Classroom & Practical Training and Assessment
- Delegate Standard: Novice (1-2 Days)
- Duration: 1 – 2 Days for those with limited experience, usually 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Award: Each successful delegate will receive an IPAF Certificate of Training and IPAF PAL Smart Photo ID Card (valid for 5 years)
Who Should Attend IPAF Training
This course is aimed at personnel who are or will be responsible for using MEWP Categories 3A(Scissorlifts) and 3B (Cherry Pickers) in the workplace. There is no prerequisite required for this course although experience and a working knowledge of MEWPs is an advantage for successful completion of this course in a single day.
What Will You Get From This Course
Successful delegates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation and best practice on a range of MEWPs within the selected categories and be able to carry out a pre-use inspection and most importantly use them safely, in line with current approved methods and manufacturer’s instructions. The course agenda includes:
- Introduction to IPAF and MEWPs
- Pre-theory test
- Legislation, regulations, standards and best practice
- MEWP categories explained
- Structural parts identified
- Pre-use inspection/handover requirements
- Safe operating methods and hazards to be observed
- Post-theory test
- Practical training on selected categories
- Practical assessment on selected categories
- Licence renewal & log books
IPAF Training Courses
Kentec offer a full range of IPAF Training Courses, many are available via our Open Training Programme throughout the year with various dates to choose from. Click here to see our other scheduled IPAF Training open courses.
IPAF Novice Operator Course – Open Course Schedule
To reserve a place on our open course schedule for the IPAF Novice Operator Course – 3A/3B for Scissorlift and Cherry Picker training follow the links below for your preferred date, or to speak to one of our training consultants please contact us on 0333-666-0555 or email us
|Location||Dates||Time||Price exc. VAT||Status|
|Kent Training Centre - TN9 1SS||8:30AM – 4:30PM||£295.00||
Kent Training Centre - TN9 1SS
8:30AM – 4:30PM
£295.00 exc. VAT
Register Now » 2 Places Available!
|Register Now » 2 Places Available!|