Written with the guidance from the UK’s leading experts on ladder manufacture, maintenance and safety, the Ladder Association scheme addresses all the issues raised by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and, more recently, the Work and Height Regulations 2005.
Under the regulations every person in the chain leading up to, and including, the final user, has a duty of care to both themselves and others to know and understand the practical implications of working safety at height. Demonstration of competence is a key requirement of the new regulations and successful completion of the Ladder Association Low Level Step Ladder and Stool Course provides proof of such competence.
- Course Duration: Minimum 2.5 hours, maximum 4 hours
- Open Course Price: £80.00 + vat per person (£96.00 inc. vat)
- In-House Training Course Price: Call 0333 666 0555 for a competitive quotation
- Maximum Instructor/Delegate Ratio: 1:8
- Delivery Method: Classroom & Practical Training and Assessment
- Prerequisite: None
- Awarding Body: Ladder Association
- Assessment: Multiple Choice Test Paper and Practical Skills Assessment
- Certification: Each successful delegate will receive a Ladder Association Certificate of Competence and Photo ID Card (valid for 5 years)
Who Should Attend
The Ladder Association Working with Step and Stool Course is aimed at personnel who are infrequent users of step ladders and step stools (elephant foot stools) in retail shops, libraries, offices, cleaning, schools and the health sector. There is no prerequisite required for this course.
What Will You Get From The Course
Successful delegates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation and best practice on a range of step ladders and step stools and be able to carry out a pre-use inspect and most importantly use them safely, in line with current approved methods and manufacturer’s instructions. The course agenda includes how to:
- Assess and determine when it’s appropriate to use step ladders & step stools.
- Correctly locate and safely use step ladders & step stools.
- Visually inspect stepladders and step stools for damage before and after use
They will have an understanding of:
- What they need to know about the law and standards relating to stepladders & step stools.
- Hazards in the use of stepladders & step stools.
- Storage & handling of stepladders and step stools.
Ladder Association Steps and Stools Course – Open Course Schedule
To reserve a place on our open course schedule for the Ladder Association Steps and Stools Course follow the links below for your preferred course date, or to speak to one of our training consultants please contact us on:
- Telephone: 0333 666 0555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org