The Tetra Level 1 Safety System delivers a minimum of 7 hours of both theory and practical instruction and is offered in partnership with Tetra and addresses the working at height requirements when using portable ladders for short duration access.
We provide each delegate with the underpinning knowledge and practical skills to safely use fall protection equipment with leaning ladders. The principal of the level 1 system is simplicity and compliance. You secure the ladder to the wall and secure the operative to the ladder.
- Course Duration: 1 Day, usually 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Open Course Price: £160.00 + vat per person (£192.00 inc. vat)
- In-House Training Course Price: Call 0333 666 0555 for a competitive quotation
- Maximum Instructor/Delegate Ratio: 1:10
- Delivery Method: Classroom & Practical Training and Assessment
- Prerequisite: All delegates must have a current Ladder Association Users Certificate
- Awarding Body: TETRA
- Assessment: Written Test Paper and Practical Skills Assessment
- Certification: Each successful delegate will receive a Certificate of Training and Photo ID Card (valid for 3 years)
Who Should Attend The Course
The Tetra Level 1 Ladder Course is aimed at personnel who are or will be responsible for the safe use of leaning ladders in the work place. There are no prerequisite required for this course although a working knowledge of ladders, safety harnesses and the work at height regulations is an advantage.
What Will You Get From The Tetra Level 1 Course
Successful delegates will gain a working understanding of the Tetra Ladder Safety system, current relevant legislation and best practice on ladders and be able to carry out a pre-use inspection on the Tetra Ladder Safety kit components.
The course Includes:
- An Appreciation of UK legislation including the Work at Height Regulations.
- Understand the difference between fall arrest/ restraint and the importance of correct anchorage.
- Understand method for fitting, usage and inspection of equipment specified for this course.
- Outline the access procedures for portable ladder.
- Completion of practical exercises using, fitting equipment and securing the ladder.
- Conducting a practical ladder exercise at a height of approximately 5 metres.
- (This height is given for guidance only. It does not place an absolute limit on the activities of trainees following a course).
- Self Rescue from Leaning Ladder Awareness
Applications for the Tetra Level 1 Ladder Safety system (if used with tool carriers/tool belts/ drill bandoliers) include:
- Cable Clipping
- Security Equipment Installation
- Pest Control – Wasp nests etc
Tetra Level 1 Safety System – Open Course Schedule
To reserve a place on our open course schedule for the Tetra Level 1 Ladder Course follow the links below for your preferred course date, or to speak to one of our training consultants please contact us on:
- Mobile Friendly Line: 0333 666 0555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org