The Tetra Level 1-3 Safety System Course delivers a minimum of 7 hours of both theory and practical instruction and is offered in partnership with Tetra and addresses the working at height requirements when using portable ladders for short duration access. The Tetra Level 3 Ladder course addresses the working at height requirements when using portable ladders and roof ladders for short duration access.
We provide each candidate with the underpinning knowledge and practical skills to safely use fall protection equipment with leaning ladders to cover both property elevation and pitched roof access. The Tetra Level 3 Ladder Safety system enables the leaning ladder user to maintain 3 points of contact while ascending/descending the leaning ladder and roof ladder.
- Course Duration: 1 Day, usually 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Open Course Price: £200.00 + vat per person (£240.00 inc. vat)
- In-House Training Course Price: Call 0333 666 0555 for a competitive quotation
- Maximum Instructor/Delegate Ratio: 1:6
- Delivery Method: Classroom & Practical Training and Assessment
- Prerequisite: All delegates must have a current Ladder Association Users Certificate
- Awarding Body: TETRA
- Assessment: Written Test Paper and Practical Skills Assessment
- Certification: Each successful delegate will receive a Certificate of Training and Photo ID Card (valid for 3 years)
Who Should Attend The Tetra Course
The Tetra Level 3 Ladder Course is aimed at personnel who are or will be responsible for the safe use of leaning ladders and roof ladders in the work place. There are no prerequisite required for this course although a working knowledge of ladders, safety harnesses and the work at height regulations is an advantage.
What Will You Get From The Tetra Level 1-3 Safety System Course
Successful delegates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation and best practice on ladders and be able to carry out a pre-use inspect and most importantly use them safely, in line with current approved methods and manufacturer’s instructions.
The course includes:
- An appreciation of UK legislation including the work at Height Regulations.
- Understand the difference between the fall arrest/ restraint and the importance of correct anchorage.
- Understand method for fitting, usage and inspection of equipment specified for this course.
- Outline the access procedures for portable ladder usage including pitched roof working.
- Outline the main hazards of roof working.
- Completion of practical exercises using and fitting equipment and securing the ladder.
- Conducting a practical ladder exercise at a height of approximately 5 metres.
- (This height is given for guidance only. It does not place an absolute limit on the activities of trainees following a course).
- Conducting a practical ladder exercise demonstration the equipment transfer methods when accessing a pitched roof.
- Self Rescue Awareness
- Roof Tile/Ridge Tile replacement
- Chimney Repairs (pointing, painting, roughcast repair etc)
- Gas Flue Fitting / Repair / Removal
- Satellite and Aerial Repairs
- Lead Flashing Repairs
Other Ladder Safety Courses
Kentec Training offer a full range of Ladder Association and Ladder Safety Training Courses, many are available via our Open Programme throughout the year with various dates to choose from. For details of our other Ladder Safety Training Course click here
Tetra Level 1-3 Safety System Course – Open Course Schedule
To reserve a place on our open course schedule for the Tetra Level 3 Ladder Course follow the links below for your preferred course date, or to speak to one of our training consultants please contact us on:
- Mobile Friendly Line: 0333 666 0555
- Email: email@example.com