Our Abrasive Wheel Train the Trainer course delivers two days of classroom based theory and non-live practical instruction and assessment.
This abrasive wheels train the trainer course has been developed by Kentec Training and is delivered by a BAF accredited instructor to provide training to in-house trainers to enable them to provide accurate, up to date Abrasive Wheel training to their staff, especially those who only operate hand held/portable machines, bench or pedestal grinding machines.
The improper use, handling and storage of Abrasive products can lead to serious and sometimes fatal accidents. This has been recognised in the UK and is now covered by legislation. This legislation makes it a legal requirement that operators, and those involved in the use of Abrasive Wheels are properly trained.
Course Content and Summary
- Course Duration: Two Days, usually 8:30am to 4:30pm on each day
- Open Course Price: £495.00 + vat per person (£594.00 inc. vat)
- Maximum Instructor/Delegate Ratio: 1:8
- Delivery Method: Classroom Based Theory & Practical Training and Assessment
- Prerequisite: Each Delegate must have a good working knowledge, ability and understanding of Abrasive Wheels. We also recommend that all delegates attend our BAF Abrasive Wheels – Principles course
- Awarding Body: Kentec (British Abrasive Federation (BAF) approved Instructor)
- Assessment: Multiple Choice Test Paper, Verbal Questioning and Practical Skills Assessment and Observation
- Certification: Each successful delegate will receive an Certificate of Training and Photo ID Card (valid for 3 years)
Who Should Attend The Train The Trainer Course
The Abrasive Wheels Train the Trainer course is intended for Supervisors, Managers, and company trainers (Previous training experience is an advantage, but not essential) who are required to provide in house training to their own staff. This course covers both trainer and abrasive training). No pre-course work or qualifications are required, although experience, understanding and awareness of Abrasive Wheels and Machinery is an advantage.
What Will You Get From The Course
The course content:
- Instructor Delegate introduction
- How to avoid ‘death by PowerPoint’
- Learning styles
- Telling vs teaching
- Active Learning
- A comprehensive set of BAF approved course notes for each instructor delegate.
- Training guidance and support
- Hazards associated with the use of abrasive wheels
- Types and design of wheels (including specification, to avoid incorrect selection)
- Inspection, testing and storage (including damaged/fault wheel checks and ring test)
- Mounting of wheels (including a practical ‘verification of competence’ test, ensuring safe mounting procedures are followed and tool care is adhered)
- Ensuring a safe working environment
- Correct PPE Selection
- Safe use of abrasive wheels
- Written Assessment: A test at the end of the course to ensure each Instructor Delegate has understood the content
- Observation Assessment: Each Instructor Delegate will deliver a section of their abrasive wheel course to the class
Each Instructor Delegate will receive an engaging training course from a BAF approved instructor. A certificate of training will be provided on successful completion of the assessments (consisting of a theory test and a practical observation).
Abrasive Wheels Train the Trainer – Open Course Schedule
To reserve a place on our open course schedule for the Abrasive Wheels Train the Trainer course follow the links below for your preferred course date, or to speak to one of our training consultants please contact us on:
- Mobile Friendly Line: 0333 666 0555
- Email: email@example.com
|Location||Dates||Time||Price exc. VAT||Status|
|Kent Training Centre - TN9 1SS||8:30AM – 4:30PM||£495.00||
Kent Training Centre - TN9 1SS
8:30AM – 4:30PM
£495.00 exc. VAT
Register Now » 4 Places Available!
|Register Now » 4 Places Available!|