Our IPAF Harness Awareness (HA), Harness User (HU) and Harness Inspection (HI) course delivers a minimum of 8 hours of instruction in an instructor-led full-day classroom & practical course, and is designed to instruct up to a maximum ratio of 10 delegates per instructor.
The day is split into the following sections:
- AM Session - IPAF Harness Awareness (HA) & Harness User (HU)
- PM Session - IPAF Harness Inspection (HI)
The Harness Awareness (HA) theory module provides delegates with the essential knowledge to select, monitor, manage, and plan the correct use of Harnesses and Lanyards for use in a MEWP (Mobile Elevated Work Platform).
The Harness User (HU) practical module evaluates the delegate’s practical application of the knowledge gained in the IPAF Harness Awareness (HA) theory module.
The Harness Inspection (HI) practical training provides the essential knowledge and practical application for the statutory formal inspection of Harnesses, Lanyards and associated ancillary PFPE equipment for use in a MEWP.
Upon successfully completing this course, delegates will:
- Have an awareness of how to correctly identify and select the appropriate form of personal protection against falls from MEWPs.
- Have a theoretical awareness only of how to check, use, maintain, and store a harness and lanyard with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Have a theoretical awareness of how harnesses and lanyards should be fitted and adjusted
- Be able to demonstrate competence in the correct pre-use check of a harness and lanyard.
- Be able to demonstrate competence in how to correctly fit and adjust a harness and lanyard for use in a MEWP.
- Be able to demonstrate the correct anchor point to attach the lanyard to in a MEWP and adjust the lanyard to be effective.
- Be able to demonstrate competence in conducting periodic and interim inspections of harnesses and for use in a MEWP
- Be able to demonstrate how to maintain associated records of inspections
This course consists of an instructor-led training room presentation, written assessment, practical training and assessment.