The Tetra Level 1-2 Safety System Course is aimed at delegates who are or will be responsible for the safe use of leaning ladders in the work place. This course is suitable for those who need to maintain three points of contact on a ladder while ascending/descending.
This course is aimed at personnel who use portable leaning ladders for short duration access, who have already been trained to use and inspect those ladders, but are currently operating without any means to prevent a fall. Knowledge and experience of safety harness use is an advantage.
Since the safe use of ladders and FPE requires that delegates consult safety notices and read and thoroughly understand the manufacturer’s instruction manual, English literacy and language comprehension are important requirements for any tower user.
Please note that delegates will be expected to work at height whilst climbing ladder and using the TETRA Safety System, so please ensure delegates are in good health and do not have a fear of heights that may preclude them from taking part in the practical assessment.
Delegates will require to prove previous training and experience in ladder use before attending this course.
All delegates attending must have a TETRA Safety Kit in order to take part in the practical assessment. This is a requirement of TETRA.
Delegates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation and be able to use the TETRA Safety System effectively on leaning ladders, in line with current approved methods and manufacturer’s instructions.
At the end of the theory session, delegates will take a short multiple choice test. If delegates successfully pass the test, they will then move onto the practical assessment, where they will have to work from a height of approximately 6m.
Successful delegates will receive a Kentec TETRA E-Certificate, valid for 3 years
Successful delegates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation and best practice on ladders and be able to carry out a pre-use inspect and most importantly use them safely, in line with current approved methods and manufacturer’s instructions.
The course includes:
- An appreciation of UK legislation including the Work at Height Regulations
- Understand the difference between fall arrest/ restraint and the importance of correct anchorage
- Understand method for fitting, usage and inspection of equipment specified for this course
- Outline the access procedures for portable ladder
- Completion of practical exercises using, fitting equipment and securing the ladder
- Conducting a practical ladder exercise at a height of approximately 6 metres (This height is given for guidance only. It does not place and absolute limit on the activities of trainees following a course)
- Self Rescue from Leaning Ladder Awareness
"Very good course, well presented. There was more information than expected"
- Mark Pearce
"Very relaxed environment felt at ease and made the course enjoyable"
- Louis Lake
"Enjoyable course. Would really recommend Kentec"
- Gary Martin
"James is a really good instructor, I learn a lot because he keeps it simple but also very informative"
- Alfie Martin
"Really Good informative day. Enjoyed it, trainer was really helpful"
- Ryan Wheeler