This one day course is for delegates who have previously passed the full two day Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) or subsequent one day Refresher course and can provide proof of successful attendance. If an individual cannot be located on the system and no evidence of their certificate can be found, they will have to attend the full Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course.
Delegates must be competent in English at site supervisor level.
The examination pass mark is 80%. Assessment will be by an exam paper and the completion of a case study exercise and trainer review. The examination demonstrates to external bodies that the certificate is only awarded to successful delegates following both an assessment and examination. Delegates are expected to be interactive during the course and there is also a mandatory toolbox talk to be completed.
At the end of the theory session on day two, delegates will take a short 25 question multiple choice and 3 short written question test. There are 4 safety critical questions that must be answered correctly. For the last 10 minutes of the examination, delegates may use their books for reference. Upon successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a CITB Construction Skills Certificate of Training, valid for a period of 5 years.
As of December 2015, CITB has removed the grace period for renewing all CITB Site Safety Plus Courses, to remain certified in this area, you will need to take a refresher course before the expiry date on your certificate, otherwise the full course will need to be retaken.
The course content includes the following topics delivered over 1 day.
- Health & Safety Law, including CDM Regulations
- Health & Safety management systems, risk assessments and method statements
- Statutory inspections and checks, reporting accidents, injuries and ill health
- Leadership and worker engagement
- Health & Welfare of the workforce, first aid and emergency procedures
- COSHH, Asbestos, Dust, Fumes, Noise and Vibration and Manual Handling
- Site set up and security, fire prevention and control, electrical safety, temporary works and plant and work equipment
- Lifting operations and equipment, working at height and excavations
- Underground and overhead services and confined spaces
- Multiple Choice Examination
"I think the course was brilliant, facility good. Now it was down to me to pass the course. Thank you Kentec"
- Ezra Hardware
"Very interesting course, the instructor was a very good trainer, thanks"
- Dyllan Maloney
"Very well-presented course, easy to understand, helped me to memorise all of the information more efficiently"
- Emil Burda
"Very funny tutor, made everyone feel relaxed and enjoy the class"
- Mark Tipping
"As the only woman on the course I was made to feel welcome and comfortable"
- Phoebe Brooke