The improper use, handling and storage of Abrasive products can lead to serious and sometimes fatal accidents. Our Abrasive Wheel 'Train the Trainer' course is intended for those who wish to carry out in-house abrasive wheel training or are working toward qualifications as a commercial trainer for abrasive wheels on angle grinders, cut off saws, bench grinders and bench top cut off saws.
All those attending should have a working knowledge of abrasive wheels and ideally attended our Abrasive Wheel - Principles course. On this course each delegate will be required to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of abrasive wheel theory, practice and the ability to present on a chosen element of abrasive wheel theory.
Upon successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a Kentec E- Certificate of Training, valid for 3 years.
The course includes:
- Instructor and Delegate Introduction
- Review of course documentation, notes and training aids
- Abrasive Wheel Presentation by B.A.F approved Instructor
- How to avoid ‘Death by PowerPoint’
- Learning styles
- Telling vs teaching
- Assessment Methods
- Active Learning
- Hazards associated with the use of Abrasive Wheels
- Types and design of wheels
- Inspection, testing and storage
- Mounting of Abrasive Wheels
- Ensuring a safe working environment
- Correct PPE Selection
- Safe use of abrasive wheels
- Written Assessment
- Observation Presentation Assessment
"Very good course. The right amount of information without death by PowerPoint"
- Mike Kirkham-Ingram
"Good detailed information, followed with good explanation throughout"
- Gary Mann
"Enjoyed the course and I feel confident in now going back to my company and delivering abrasive wheels training. The trainer was clear and concise with his explanation"
- Stuart Kershaw
"Very well presented course, plenty of information easily understood"
- David Gould
"Top quality instructor, really enjoyed the course"
- Mark Edgar