The course is intended for those who operate, supervise or manage the use of portable power tools and abrasive wheels on angle grinders, cut off saws and bench top cut off saws. There are no prerequisites for this course, although an understanding of portable power tools and abrasive wheels and the use of angle grinders, cut off saws and bench top cut off saws would be an advantage.
Since the safe use of cable avoidance tools require that delegates consult safety notices and read and thoroughly understand the manufacturer’s instruction manual, English literacy and language comprehension are important requirements for any user.
Upon successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a Certificate of Training and a photo ID card from Kentec Training, valid for 3 years.
This course includes:
- An overview of Health and Safety Legislation inc HASWA 99, PUWER 98, MHSWR 99, PPER 92
- The Hazards, Risks and Risk Control Measures including Contact, Wheel Burst, Noise, Respiratory and HAVS Hazards
- The recommended Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- The types of Portable Powertools and Abrasive Wheel Machines and their safe use.
- Resin Bonded Abrasive Wheel Selection, Identification and Inspection – Types 27, 41 & 42 (Non-Live Practical Exercise)
- The correct use, setting, adjustment and inspection of flanges, guards and accessories
- Correct Pre-Use Machine Safety Checks (Non-Live Practical Exercise)
- How to Mount of Abrasive Wheels on Angle Grinders, Chop Saws and Disc Cutters (Non-Live Practical Exercise)
"Made a dull subject interesting engaging in good examples of situations"
- Douglas Towell
"The instructor was an excellent teacher, was very thorough with the information and very clear. Enjoyable"
- Alan Rose
"Excellent course, makes you realise there's more to ab wheels than you think. Very good, thanks!"
- Leslie Whitton
"The course tutor made a great effort in giving our course interesting and in depth. Excellent"
- Anthony Morris
"Learnt a lot as I was a novice, feel confident to use one if needed"
- Natalie Branaugh