This course is aimed at personnel who are already a first aider in the workplace and need to maintain their qualification needed for that role. It is intended for those who will have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide basic first aid to people in a range of first aid situations.
Delegates will need to produce their current or previous recently expired First Aid at Work certificate in order to attend this course.
This virtual course is ideal for those who would like to minimize the time spent face to face in the classroom.
Please note that learners will be expected to take part in exercises such as CPR and AED use, so please ensure delegates are in good health and do not have anything that may preclude them from taking part in the practical assessment. Delegate must be at least 16 years old to attend this course and it is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in Literacy or Numeracy, or equivalent due to the multiple choice examination at the end of the course.
Successful delegates will receive a QualSafe First Aid at Work e-certificate which will be valid for a period of 3 years from the date of the course. They will also gain an understanding of the practical administration of safe, prompt and effective first aid in the workplace with an understanding of the role of first aider in line with current legislation and recommendations from the Resuscitation Council (UK).
Day One: Theory Session delivered virtually via Zoom
Day Two:Face-to-Face practical session delivered in the classroom
The agenda for the Virtual First Aid at Work (Requalification) Course includes:
All learning objectives from the Emergency First Aid at Work Course and First Aid at Work Course (due to the experience of the delegates attending, the learning objectives will be covered at a faster pace).
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness
"Brilliant trainer, made interesting and fun to learn!"
- Michael Olsen
"The instructor was great. Very helpful, made me feel relaxed. Learned a lot"
- Dylan Osbourn
"Good course, learnt a lot. Excellent trainer; really friendly, helpful and explained a lot"
- Tarin Davis
"Very good training session, with good teacher and good facilities"
- Jason Lingfield
"Great course, better than where I did my original. Lots of materials to use and learn with. Would recommend!
- Patricia Golding