Kentec are pleased to confirm that we now offer the CIEH Level 2 Award in Manual Handling – Principles and Practice. This qualification, aimed at those who carry out manual handling at work, provides essential information about manual handling hazards and their control.
To give you maximum flexibility it can be delivered as a half-day programme for learners who only wish to gain the CIEH Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling. Those who need to learn about practical manual handling techniques should stay on for a further half-day training session and assessment to gain the full CIEH Level 2 Award in Manual Handling – Principles and Practice.
Who needs this qualification?
All employees who have to carry out any manual handling activities at work, including both industrial and office workers.
Why is this training important?
Under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, employers are required to take appropriate steps to reduce the risk of injury to employees – this includes suitable training. The CIEH Level 2 Award in Manual Handling – Principles and Practice combines both the theoretical and hands-on elements of the subject and teaches learners techniques to lift, carry, push and pull objects safely within their individual capabilities.
- Identify and understand the risks associated with manual handling
- Learn the value of risk assessment and how to apply it
- Make recommendations to manage risks
- Apply the principles of safer handling to a range of everyday manual handling tasks
- Duration: Half-day programme (Principles) & One-day programme including practical session (Principles and Practice)
- Assessment: Multiple choice examination (Principles) & Multiple choice examination and practical assessment (Principles and Practice)
- Ofqual accredited: Yes – Principles and Practice only
- Ofqual qualification reference: 500/5516/1
- Prerequisite: None
- Cost: Price on Application
- Availability: Please call