This course is aimed at personnel who are or will be responsible for assembling, dismantling, moving, inspecting and using mobile access towers with bridging units. Delegates are required to have successfully passed the PASMA Tower for Users Course or PASMA Combined Tower & Low Level Access Course prior to booking this course. A working knowledge of mobile access towers is an advantage.
Since the safe use of mobile access towers requires that delegates consult safety notices and read and thoroughly understand the manufacturer’s instruction manual, English literacy and language comprehension are important requirements for any tower user.
Please note that delegates will be expected to work at height whilst building a mobile access tower, so please ensure delegates are in good health and do not have a fear of heights that may preclude them from taking part in the practical assessment.
Delegates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation and be able to dismantle, assemble, inspect and most importantly use mobile access towers safely, in line with current approved methods and manufacturer’s instructions.
At the end of the theory session, delegates will take a short multiple choice test. If delegates successfully pass the test, they will then move onto the practical assessment, where they will have to build a mobile access tower with bridging units.
Successful delegates will receive a certificate and Photo ID card which will be valid for a period of 5 years from the date of the course.
Successful delegates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation, guidance and best practice effecting working at height. The course agenda includes:
- Introduction to Mobile Access Towers with Cantilevers
- Legal Overview – Health & Safety / Work at Height Regulations 2005
- British & European Standards
- Guidance & Information on Tower Components, Inspection & Maintenance
- Tower Assembly & Dismantle (3T Method & Advanced Guardrail)
- Tower Stability & Tying-in
- Hazards When Using Mobile Access Towers with Bridges
- Your Responsibilities When Using Mobile Access Towers with Bridges
- Multiple Choice Assessment Paper
- Practical Training & Assessment Session